Our bodies are naturally equipped to heal following injury. The capacity of the body to heal itself depends on a number of factors, including magnitude of injury, nutritional status of the individual and the ability of the body to eliminate factors or agents causing the injury. Sometimes, even with good balanced nutrition, “hard-to-heal or “chronic recalcitrant” wounds fail to heal. These wounds require aggressive wound care and specialized nutritional support using special wound nutrition formulas, like ReGeNix®.
Examples of hard-to-heal wounds include:
- complicated surgical wounds
- venous ulcers
- pressure or decubitus ulcers
- diabetic ulcers
- arterial ulcers as in sickle cell disease or peripheral arterial disease
Wound nutrition formulas containing variable combi- nations of Arginine, Glutamine, hydroxyl-methyl-bu- tyrate (HMB), vitamins A, C, E and minerals- Copper and Zinc have been clinically proven to promote heal- ing of recalcitrant or hard-to-heal wounds.
ReGeNix® is a therapeutic wound nutrition formula containing a carefully optimized blend of Arginine, Glutamine, and vitamins A, B, C, E and Zinc. ReGe- Nix® is provided as a readily soluble powder blend with enjoyable flavors. It can be taken as a drink or mixed in puree diets or smoothies.
Functional Ingredients of ReGeNix®
- increases blood flow to wound sites and therefore results in increased nutrient and oxygen delivery necessary for wound healing
- stimulates lymphocyte function; lymphocytes are immune blood cells that defend the body against infection and injurious agents
- stimulates angiogenesis
- promotes production and deposition of collagens; collagens are protein structures found in skin and other body tissues and form the “foundation” for wound healing process
- Energy source for rapidly dividing cells involved in wound healing
- Essential for DNA synthesis and cell growth; DNA is a key component of all cells involved in wound healing
- Stimulates collagen synthesis, a key protein for wound healing
- Antioxidant property prevents wound tissue damage
A metabolite of amino acid Leucine
- Decreases breakdown of muscle protein, including wound muscle tissue
- Promotes building of muscle tissue to support wound healing
How to Use:
Dissolve 1 sachet in 240-330ml of water (or a full glass of water) and stir vigorously to dissolve. Use 2 sachets a day. Available in orange and fruit punch flavors.
For best results, it is recommended to ensure intake of 1.5g of protein per kilogram body weight per day and 35Kcal of energy per kilogram body weight per day.
We recommend the following dietary regimen along with use of ReGeNix, based on patient’s nutritional status and food intake:
- Jeremy Z.et al. Ann. Surg. 2002nVol. 236, No. 3, 369-375
- Armstrong D.G.et al. Diabet. Med. 31, 1069-1077 (2014)
- Sipahi et al. BMC Nephrology 2013, 14:8
- Wong A, et al. J WoundCare. 2014 May;23(5):25960, 2624, 2669.
- Maris J, et al. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2014 Dec 1; 15(6): 708-712.
- Cereda E, et al. ClinNutr. 2017 Feb;36(1):246,-252.
- Liu P, et al. J Wound Care. 2017 Jun 2;26(6):319,-323.
- Cereda E, et al. J Nutr Health Aging. 2017;21(6):655-,661.
- Brewer S, et al. J Wound Care. 2010 Jul;19(7):311-,6.
- Desneves KJ, et al. ClinNutr. 2005 Dec;24(6):979-,87
- Cereda E, et al. Ann Intern Med. 2015 Feb 3;162(3):167,-74.